Why do I Need a Face Mask?
Some people feel confused as to whether or not they should be wearing non medical face masks
in the Toronto area right now. The Canadian Government
and the CDC
have put out recommendations that everyone should be wearing cloth masks when they go out into areas of the public where it may be more difficult to practice safe social distancing, like grocery stores or pharmacies.
Wearing a mask can help protect you from exposure to unwanted particles, like exhaled particles from people who are sick with COVID-19 or another virus. They can also help protect the transmission to others from yourself if you are not feeling well.
One of the main ways that coronavirus has been spreading is through droplets that are expelled from the mouths of those who are infected. So, using face coverings over your mouth and nose area is a smart idea to reduce your risk of exposure.
Where Can I Buy Face Masks in Toronto?
At Chronic Ink Tattoo - in Toronto and Vancouver - our artists wanted to produce cloth face masks that you would be proud to wear when you have to go outside. Featuring one of a kind art our Chronic Ink washable and reuseable surgical style face masks
will help you to protect your nose and mouth area from exposure to unwanted contaminants. Our masks are available in both adult sizes as well as sizing specifically for kids’ face masks
Are Face Masks in Style?
Although it may be a trend that has been brought in by necessity, we do see that Fashionable Face Masks
are on-trend right now. We all want a little style with our prevention, and our artists have realized that these medical masks can make a great canvas for their artwork.
How Much Is a Face Mask in Toronto?
With the current push in the public health sector for people to wear masks, the costs for disposable medical masks, surgical masks and n95 masks have risen drastically. Some people have resorted to making masks themselves due to the pricing and general lack of availability. At Chronic Ink, we are working with our supplies to ensure our masks are as reasonably priced as possible. Currently, our washable face masks
range from $20-45.
How Often Should Reusable Face Mask be Washed?
Ideally, your face mask will be washed each time it is worn outside. Doing this will ensure that it is clean every time you place it on your face as particles and debris may linger on the fabric if it is not cleaned.
How To Wear a Cloth Face Covering?
- It should fit snugly to your face, but still, be comfortable
- It should be secured to your face with ear straps
- It should include multiple layers of fabric for protection and filtration
- It should not restrict your breathing at all
- Always remember to launder your mask after use so that it remains clean. Using a disinfecting cycle is recommended if possible.
How To Put on a Cloth Face Mask?
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your face or mask.
- Remove your mask from its packaging and inspect it for any rips, tears, or holes that may affect the ability to protect you.
- Holding the mask by the ear loops, place the earloops behind your ears.
- Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin, ensuring the mask is fully covering your nose and mouth area.
How To Remove a Cloth Face Mask?
- Rember, just like putting the mask on, you should always wash your hands with soap and water before removing your mask as you may touch your face.
- Hold both ear loops and remove the loops from behind your ears.
- If you have disposable masks throw them in the garbage, if your mask is reusable, put it in the laundry to be cleaned.
- After removing your mask, please remember to re-wash your hands with soap and water.